Keeping any business or institution moving forward is a time-consuming and demanding task for their leaders. With their plate full of tasks and projects in order to attract new business, reduce costs and become industry leaders, it can be challenging to find the time to recruit or hire new employees. Hiring temporary staffing can be beneficial to the overall productivity and efficiency of any workplace. But when exactly does it make sense to hire temporary employees? If you answer yes to any of the following questions, hiring temp staffing might work best for you.
- Is the position seasonal?
- Do you know when you will no longer need this position?
- Do you have a special project that has an end date?
- Do you need someone who possesses specialized skills only to complete a certain project?
- Is this position available as a result of an unexpected absent of an employee who is planning to return?
Here are some example of how temporary staffing can be beneficial.
- Utilizing staffing agencies in order to find temporary employees allows more time to focus on day-to-day business tasks. Temp staffing agencies already have a pool of qualified and pre-screened candidates for certain positions. Hiring temporary employees from staffing agencies can cut the cost of down time and the burden of finding qualified candidates. Staffing agencies will send you the resumes of select few qualified candidates that have already been screened.
- Hiring temporary employees through staffing agencies offers flexibility. If your organization is short staffed due to vacations or maternity leave, a staffing agency can be a good resource to help find temporary employees to fill the positions until they return.
- When a project arises that requires some additional help, you may not want to hire someone full-time or on a permanent basis. A staffing agency would be able to provide a contractor that has the skills and abilities needed to complete the task.
- Hiring new employees is a large investment in both time and resources. However temporary staffing allows you to “try before you buy.” Temporary staffing gives the temp workers the opportunity to prove themselves and show why they deserve the permanent position. Temporary staff that does work out could turn into good permanent employees, so it’s a win-win situation.
- Temporary or contracted workers must be motivated to continuously prove that they can do perform the job for each company they work for. Therefore, you wont get the disgruntled employee who has become comfortable with coasting. Temporary staff can boost the morale of the existing staff. Hiring temp workers can help alleviate the burden off permanent employees.
Staffing agencies can alleviate the burden and down time needed to hire new employees. Through extensive screening and recruiting, staffing agency are able pull highly qualified candidates to fill your vacant positions. Utilizing temporary staffing can be beneficial for organizations or businesses in a variety of ways. Improve your organizations overall productivity and efficiency through temporary employees from staffing agencies.
If you’re organization is in need of temp staffing services, we can help!